Goldfish breeding - Traditional Chinese lionheads - Page 4 - GTA Aquaria Forum - Aquarium Fish & Plants serving the Greater Toronto Area.
GTA Aquaria Forum - Aquarium Fish & Plants serving the Greater Toronto Area.

Go Back   GTA Aquaria Forum - Aquarium Fish & Plants serving the Greater Toronto Area. > Breeders > Fresh Water
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-2017, 12:14 PM   #31
simba
Devoted Member

Feedback Score: (0)
simba is on a distinguished road

I just notice one of my newly brought home Rykin been in the store displayed tank for 3 months now .Everything looks healthy ,swim well eating well no sign od disease.I notice this morning both exterior gill plate has aroung 20 to 30 tiny fine grain on both sides of the gill .I am unsure if this a parasite ICh or fungus or breeding stars or a sign of maturity.These tiny fine gain does not cover the entire body or anywhereles.All other fishes in the tank does not show any Ich signs or any tiny white dots except this only fish.This fish and others tank fihes swim well eats well and is in excellent condition no sign of stress or sickness .I am unsure what this tiny gain size dots on the exterior gill plates is?I did placea few tsp of aqurium salt in the tank .Any idea or advices on this matter.
Thanks
simba is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2017, 12:39 PM   #32
Bwhiskered
Devoted Member

Feedback Score: (18)
Bwhiskered is a name known to all

It is most likely a male going into his breeding mode. Even my fish outside in the pond usually spawn in April. These spot may also show up on the front ray of his pectoral fins. Don't be thinking disease unless it appears on the body.