GTA Aquarium Forums banner

Aquariums By Design Waterloo

4K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  Zaskar 
#1 ·
Had a great experience at this store today, came all the way from downtown Toronto when I heard they had a pair of Emperor Gudgeons for sale. I was amazed when I walked in how CLEAN and welcoming the store's atmosphere is. All the tanks are in amazing condition, all the livestock looks well and healthy, and all the hardware/dry goods are laid out in a great way, it's just overall a really welcoming store. The staff was more than helpful with me and even picked out the exact fish I wanted from the group, I really appreciated that. I would definitely recommend anyone to go and check this place out, it's definitely worth the trip, especially for all you reefers on here. I will definitely be returning! A+

#2 ·
Kitchener-Waterloo has a population of about 350,000
but we have only two good Tropical Fish stores ( PetSmart and PetCetera are here but not really in the running for the top)
Aquariums by Design in north-west Waterloo is holding their own so far considering the Big Al's Aquarium Services in south Kitchener.
I buy fish at both locations, but Aquariums by Design is just a brighter store :)

If you are ever here in Kitchener-Waterloo, drop in, it is worth the visit,
especially the piranha pond ;)

#3 ·
#4 ·
I actually made my fist SW purchase from Aquarium by Design. ALL the staff were extremely helpful and the store is very clean and bright. I don't have any LFS by me so this has become my local. It was a very good first experience and each visit has been just as good as the first.

#5 ·
I have been to this store several times in the last year or so.

I went today and picked up two small pieces of live rock completely covered in purple coraline algae.

They had some awesome deals on sw fish. Clowns percula 19.99 , Picasso clowns 44.99 some skunk clowns. Nice assortment of fish and corals but Im not ready to buy any yet.

They carry innovative Nuvo tanks and ghost skimmers.

They have a nice selection of fresh water plants and fish. I used to go to get unusual nano fish and shrimp.
Store is clean staff are helpful and friendly.

#6 ·
Unhelpful Staff

When in this store recently, I wanted to buy some fish, and asked the salesperson what kind of substrate would be best to use for this particular livestock.

The answer was that any substrate would be OK, since the fish don't care what the substrate is.

I wrote a polite and professional e-mail to the owner suggesting that perhaps some of the staff should be better trained.

The female owner sent a rude reply implying that the incident was all due to an ignorant customer, along with a couple of critical judgments.

Really, with all the competition this store has, I would not have expected this type of reply.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.