GTA Aquarium Forums banner

120x55x50 Cm "The end of the rainbow "

7K views 55 replies 11 participants last post by  Dee2010 
#1 · (Edited)
120x55x50 Cm "The end of the rainbow "

So Here we go again . But this time around , I have everything ready except for the most important part... the damn tank . I have literally threw money at people and stores for this 75 gallon rimless tank and the sales keep flopping. It started with Aquainspiration breaking the last tank in stock that I put a deposit on , then my buddy who runs one of the biggest tropical fish distribution in southern Ontario not being able to get to the glass that would have built my tank to local glass not being able to deliver . But we are almost there . I hope to have the tank by the end of next week. For now I have the following equipment and fish all ready to roll

Equipment

Stand
200 lbs of seiryu rock
5 pieces of root like driftwood
Ada aquasoil
48" finnex ray 2
48" finnex 24/7
Co2 direct injection from the fish room . The tubing was actually built into the walls when I renoed my basement
Ferts: home brew ei liquid dosing ( same ones many of you have bought from me over the years). I also dose my own root pills that I have made .

Fauna:
5x dwarf neon rainbows
30x paskas blue eye rainbowfish
6x featherthin rainbows
25x gertrudae rainbows.
4x peacock budgeons
10x celeb rainbows
10 x rice fish
6 or 7 sae

100plus black chocolate shrimps

Flora: to be continued

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See less See more
#47 ·
Thanks man , I actually bought some Ada sand to cap the small rocks , I like that fine look much better . In regards to the path, I'm not 100 percent set on the shape . I need to create better depth perception by narrowing the path more as the path goes back .

#50 ·
Here's some pics from a few weeks ago . I have moved a few things around so far . I got some staghorn around that time which I nuked and have calmed down . Since then the hair algae kicked in a bit so I added 6x sae, 3x dr fish , 10x Otto , 4x silver fox . Along with that I also added trips of emperor budgeons. I hope the males start showing colour soon . During this time I have also made 5x 15 gallon custom shrimp tanks , 30 gallon shrimp tank and another 10 gallon tiger shrimp tank . It has been busy to say the least . Has anyone else used then 24x7 by finnex ? How do u like it ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.