Goldfish breeding - Traditional Chinese lionheads - Page 4 - GTA Aquaria Forum - Aquarium Fish & Plants serving the Greater Toronto Area.
GTA Aquaria Forum - Aquarium Fish & Plants serving the Greater Toronto Area.

Go Back   GTA Aquaria Forum - Aquarium Fish & Plants serving the Greater Toronto Area. > Breeders > Fresh Water
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-2017, 12:14 PM   #31
simba
Devoted Member

Feedback Score: (0)
simba is on a distinguished road

I just notice one of my newly brought home Rykin been in the store displayed tank for 3 months now .Everything looks healthy ,swim well eating well no sign od disease.I notice this morning both exterior gill plate has aroung 20 to 30 tiny fine grain on both sides of the gill .I am unsure if this a parasite ICh or fungus or breeding stars or a sign of maturity.These tiny fine gain does not cover the entire body or anywhereles.All other fishes in the tank does not show any Ich signs or any tiny white dots except this only fish.This fish and others tank fihes swim well eats well and is in excellent condition no sign of stress or sickness .I am unsure what this tiny gain size dots on the exterior gill plates is?I did placea few tsp of aqurium salt in the tank .Any idea or advices on this matter.
Thanks
simba is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2017, 12:39 PM   #32
Bwhiskered
Devoted Member

Feedback Score: (18)
Bwhiskered is a name known to all

It is most likely a male going into his breeding mode. Even my fish outside in the pond usually spawn in April. These spot may also show up on the front ray of his pectoral fins. Don't be thinking disease unless it appears on the body.
Old 03-24-2017, 09:19 AM   #33
simba
Devoted Member

My Ryunkin has naturely spawned in the the tank.I have collected some of the eggs that drops onto the plastic plant that I place on the bottom of the tank and transfer them to another tank .Is a heater and air stone required?At what temperature?

Old 03-25-2017, 07:28 PM   #34
Bwhiskered
Devoted Member

Try making mops like used for spawning Killifish. I use them in my goldfish pond and koi pond. You can tie several to a piece of foam swimming pool noodle or foam pipe insulation. Been doing this for 25 years and it works great.
Old 03-26-2017, 12:18 AM   #35
simba
Devoted Member

Bwhiskered I just wanted to Thank You for your adviced and sharing your past experiences.I will try your appoached next time when it start spawning again hopefully soon.
I just wanted to add It really SUCKS that other Goldfish expert in breeding gold fish are not Sharing or giving their advices and experiences.I wanted to add these Ryunkin are not your ordinary Ryunkin that you see in the store They are Above ordinary .I will try to post pics ,The eggs are in day 4 and it seem to be white with a few eggs looks transparent .I dont think I will get any eggs hatching in this batch.No eggs will make it this time
I will get away from this title post and start a different title post hopefully I will find some other Goldfish Breeder that will help me out with more details infomations and answers my questions
Thanks Again
Old 03-26-2017, 12:44 AM   #36
chi

Feedback Score: (10)
chi is on a distinguished road

[QUOTE=simba;.I will try to post pics ,The eggs are in day 4 and it seem to be white with a few eggs looks transparent .I dont think I will get any eggs hatching in this batch.No eggs will make it this time
I will get away from this title post and start a different title post hopefully I will find some other Goldfish Breeder that will help me out with more details infomations and answers my questions
Thanks Again[/QUOTE]
I am not expert in breeding goldfish. I had few fish that grow from eggs. The white eggs are not fertilized. You need to remove them. The transparent ones are good ones. Using air stone is good. Hatching the eggs are relatively easy. Keeping them alive is not. Good luck.
chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 09:01 AM   #37
afnaveils

afnaveils is on a distinguished road

Simba, stop being a troll! If you're one get out of here! ALL your questions have been answered on the first page of this thread, so READ instead of asking the same questions again!
Old 03-26-2017, 10:26 AM   #38
simba
Devoted Member

Aggression does not work in life.How many times have you failed in the past before you get to where you are?Many many times.
Short words and short sentences does not help others to learn the beautiful art of breeding and keeping goldfish and above all sharing and passing on your full knowledge with great patience and kindness to others.
Old 03-26-2017, 10:59 AM   #39
simba
Devoted Member

Thanks Chi for the info .
Old 03-26-2017, 05:05 PM   #40
Bwhiskered
Devoted Member

Your welcome. Always happy to share my knowledge from over 65 years in the hobby of fish breeding. My first spawn of goldfish is when I was in my teens. They spawned in an old washing machine tub in my parent basement.