GTA Aquarium Forums banner

205g Peninsula

10K views 58 replies 21 participants last post by  Rookie2013 
#1 ·
Ok, time to start a thread on this bad boy!
Been planning since the start of the year, placed the order in July, and it finally arrived in November. What a wait!

The tank is 75" x 30" x 22", with a full length overflow on the end taking up 3" of the length. The sump is 100g, but probably hold 50g or so when running.

Ordered through Reef Boutique, and am really happy with how everything turned out. Colin's a great guy to work with, very knowledgeable and really cares about the animals that go in our tanks. He's very meticulous and detailed with his builds, I'd recommend Reef Boutique for anyone looking for complete custom setup.

Time for the pictures!

Tank installation:

Filling up:

Moved livestock over:

Mess of wires!

Fuge getting dirty, but seems to be keeping the display clean? I think the light for the fuge is spilling over too much to the skimmer and return sections, still gotta figure out what to do there.

Some shots under whiter lighting (comes out better on photos...or I just need to learn how to use a camera lol)

Wow that was a lot of pictures!

See less See more
#37 ·
Thts good I have seen some differences in my Acro color since I started dosing Acro Power...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#40 ·
Nice....those Nori clips IMO are not tht great once your Tangs get used to it they will pull the entire nori from the clip as soon as u put in. I used it too for sometime and thn stopped it. What I do now is use a 5" piece of 3/4" PVC pipe and just use elastic to attach nori to wrap around and than connect the PVC pipe to an airline tube like a string and use a small clip tht I had lying around to attach it to the middle strip of the tank. Works like a charm with minimal waste...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#47 ·
The tank has progressed well..beautiful...for some reason even my frags when I put them into my display don't show polyp extension but the colors are there however when the same frag goes in my frag tank with AI prime the polyp extension is very good...:confused:

the grape caulerpa you have in your refuge I heard some bad things about it going sexual etc how do you maintain it.. I was thinking of putting it in my display refuge.

Also one last question your stand looks immaculate what material you used..i have a wooden stand but might just refurnish the top...

#48 ·
Thanks!
Unfortunately since this last update, I'm down to 3 fish :( Went through a week where I was losing 3 or 4 fish a day. Survivors are looking back to normal now though.

As for caulerpa, I have it lit 23 hours a day and never let it get too thick that it shades itself. So far that's been working.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.